Friday, June 24, 2011

4000 emails...seriously?

I subscribe to a lot of different blogs, websites, and of course Facebook.  Therefore, I accumulate alot of emails which consists of special offers or general announcements.  But there are alot of people that I go back and forth on my email account.  Needless to say, I have accumulated over 4000 emails.  That is too many for the average person to have.  Do I really need emails from 2 years ago?What I realized today, is that I have alot of junk in my email.  Unnecessary emails that I have held on to without removing them and therefore keeping a cluttered email box.

Isn't that how life is?  We keep our hurts, pains, disappointment inside of us.  We hold on to hate, unforgiveness, and worries?  We keep them bottled up inside of us.  There is no legitimate reason to do so!   What good is it for you to be angry at someone from your high school days?  What good is it to not love a person you know you should love?  All these can be summed up in one word...SELFISH!

So today, begin with a new attitude.  Get rid of the selfish part and get going with Jesus.  Let go of those things that have bogged you down for weeks, months or maybe even years.  Let go of guilt, anger, and disappointment today.   Let go of those things that are keeping you away from a relationship with Jesus. I like the way The Message speaks about Matthew 11:28:

Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life.
 We are told to come to Jesus.  Give him your emails in your life and he will give you a recovered life!

Until next time!

Pastor Waldo

1 comment:

Becky said...

That is great! Reminds me of another email I need to respond to. I do think that 4000 is a few too many however archiving them for later can be handy.